The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
In this webinar we will discuss the US Department of Labor’s recently-published guidance and other practical points related to ensuring that you meet your wage and hour obligations to your employees while the crisis continues.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Closures, pay deductions and impact on pay for exempt v non-exempt employees
- Voluntary or mandatory telework arrangements and wage and hour obligations
- Can you require employees to use PTO during closures?
- Obligations toward employees under government-imposed quarantine
- Teleworking and Workers’ Comp
- Teleworking and OSHA
- Obligations toward contingent workers (“temps”)
Who Will Benefit
- HR managers
- HR Directors
- Department heads and supervisors
- Owners and managers of small businesses
- HR professionals
- HR Administrators
- Compliance Professionals
- Senior Managers
- Payroll/Compensation Officers
- In-House Counsel
Janette Levey Frisch founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 years legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices wellness plans tailored to address a company’s needs and concerns. Ms. Frisch offers consultations and legal services on virtually all federal and NJ and NY state employment law issues.