The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institutes (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This activity has been approved for
(General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR,
Viewing this webinar, its entirety qualifies for a recertification credit hour that may be counted toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification from SHRM. Credit is awarded based on the actual educational time spent in the program.
1-hour educational program = 1 PDC.
1-hour and 15 minute concurrent conference session = 1.25 PDCs.
3-hour e-learning course = 3 PDCs.
Employers need to be ready to address safety and health as well as employment issues concerning a post-pandemic workplace, including understanding and addressing a number of federal and state requirements to reopen and resume operations.
Employers’ business guidance and legal requirements are changing rapidly. This webinar will discuss what changes need to be implemented and employers must be ready for these in the coming weeks.
Why you should Attend
The Administration and many governors have started the process for many employers to reopen their businesses.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Meeting state and federal requirements for reopening businesses
- Navigating the end of Shelter in Place Orders
- Requirements concerning safety of employees (PPE and Social Distancing)
- Implementing policies and procedures to protect employers as they return to full operation
- Protocols for starting and continuing operation (including medical screening, cleaning, sanitation, and privacy issues)
- Providing the necessary testing, communication, training and documentation to returning employees
- Recognizing workplace changes that occurred during the pandemic
- Identifying potential legal exposures (including lawsuits, OSHA inspections, whistleblower claims, EEOC complaints and Union activities)
Who Will Benefit
- Safety Directors
- Safety Professionals
- HR Directors and Managers
- Production Managers
- Workers Comp Managers
- Safety Committee Members
- Maintenance Department Managers
Edwin G. Foulke, Jr. is a partner in the Atlanta office of Fisher & Phillips LLP. Ed also serves as President of Fisher Phillips Safety Solutions LLC. Prior to joining Fisher & Phillips, Ed was the Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health. Named by President George W. Bush to head OSHA, Ed served in that capacity from April 2006 to November 2008.
During his tenure at OSHA, workplace injury, illness, and fatality rates dropped to their lowest levels in recorded history. For more than 30 years, Ed has worked in the labor and employment area, focusing on occupational safety and health issues. He also served on the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission in Washington, DC, chairing the Commission from March 1990 to February 1994.
Ed has been named one of the "50 Most Influential EHS Leaders" by EHS Today magazine for several years and named one of the "50 Most Influential EHS Leaders" in the United States by Occupational Hazards magazine. He is recognized as one of the nation’s leading authorities on occupational safety and health issues.