This 90-minute session will discuss details about how processing federal government payments differ from the NACHA Operating Rules. You will learn what the green book is and how this valuable on-line tool will help you with processing DNE’s and government reclamations. Commercial reclamations differ from federal government reclamations; the speaker will cover the difference between the two.
Why you should Attend
Processing ACH payments from the federal government can be challenging. This webinar training will outline details on when account holders are deceased and what your responsibilities are to the federal government if they are receiving benefit payments.
The NACHA Operating Rules still apply when processing these payments but the Green Book outlines exceptions when handling DNEs (Death Notification Entries) and federal government reclamations.
Participants will learn about commercial vs. government reclamations, what the difference is and how to handle each one. Examples used throughout the session will apply the rules discusses to help bring the details to life.
Areas Covered in the Session
- What is the Green Book?
- Where is the Green Book located?
- Where in the Green Book do I find details on DNEs and government reclamations
- Process on properly handling Death Notification Entries (DNE's)
- Process on handling commercial reclamations, timeframes and returns
- Process on returning deceased account-holders federal government benefit payments
- Detailed processes on handling Death Notification Entries (DNE's)
- Timeframes on returning ACH Entries when account holders are deceased
- Descriptions of return reason codes to use when returning benefit payments for deceased account holders
- How to handle and process federal government reclamations
- Timeframes for responding to government reclamations
- Difference between commercial and government reclamations
Who Will Benefit
- Banking operations managers and staff
- Compliance and risk professionals
- Treasury management professionals
- Aspiring and current AAP's (Accredited ACH professionals)
- Banking managers/ Supervisors
- Audit and compliance personnel / Risk managers
Donna K Olheiser , AAP, is the vice president of Education Services and founder of Dynamic Mastership, LLC. She is an enthusiastic and energetic Certified Master Trainer with over 14 years’ training experience. She has designed and facilitated over 100 training sessions each year with her expertise being the rules for companies and financial institutions when processing electronic (specifically ACH) payments, then scheduling the events to facilitate/deliver the material through a variety of venues (webinars, teleseminars, in-person workshops, including regional and national conferences).
Ms. Olheiser is also an experienced project manager managing education programs for organizations processing electronic payments and developing personalized training programs for financial institutions.
She has over 24 years of experience in the financial services industry which includes 9 years’ experience as the education service director at a Regional Payments Association (RPA), where she managed and facilitated the entire education program for nearly 800 financial institution members. Prior to that, Ms. Olheiser spent 14 years in various departments with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis and also holds the Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) designation (achieved in 2004).
Her extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for transferring payment processing knowledge using the adult learning theory is remarkable and has helped many payment professionals perform daily operational tasks including exception processing while remaining compliant with the NACHA Operating Rules. She uses scenarios and examples to bring the learning home, easy to comprehend and apply to real-life day-to-day ACH processing. Ms. Olheiser’s ability to engage the learner through the entire training event helps the adult learner apply what they’ve learned during and after each training session.