We will be covering everything you need to know about classifying people as independent contractors. We will be covering Dynamex, AB5, the exemptions associated with AB5 and the newest laws regarding independent contractors. You will learn the ABCs of AB5, including practical tips for navigating its impact on your workforce.
Why you should Attend
A misclassification lawsuit can cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars, it's probably not a matter of “if” but a matter of “when” if you have an independent contractor working for you.
Areas Covered in the Session
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between an employee and independent contractor under AB5
- Learn when AB5 applies and when it does not - including statutory exemptions
- Determine when it is appropriate to pay someone as an independent contractor
- Understand the potential liability and financial exposure for misclassifying workers under California law
Who Will Benefit
- CEO's - c-suite Executives
- Human Resources
Cynthia Hackler Flynn is the founder and managing partner of Hackler Flynn & Associates, a Southern California based employment defense law firm. Since starting her practice, she has grown the firm to a team of 9, with each attorney having over a decade of experience.
The law firm’s focus is employment law where their mission is to protect and defend entrepreneurs and business owners. Cynthia has been voted as a Super Lawyer every year since 2017 and for the last two years, has been named as a Pasadena Top Attorney.